Southern California Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Injured by a Negligent Driver While Walking the Street?
When you're walking down the streets of Southern California, whether it's for a leisurely stroll or your daily commute, the last thing you expect is to become the victim of a pedestrian accident. Unfortunately, accidents happen, and when they do, you need a dedicated and experienced legal team on your side to ensure your rights are protected. Alvandi Law Group, P.C. is here to provide you with the exceptional legal representation you need to secure a favorable award or settlement.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
A pedestrian accident, also known as a pedestrian-vehicle accident, occurs when a pedestrian, someone traveling on foot, is involved in a collision with a motor vehicle. These accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor to severe, and in some tragic cases, they can lead to fatalities. Pedestrian accidents are a significant concern, particularly in urban areas and places with high pedestrian traffic, and it's essential to understand the common causes to prevent them and improve road safety.
Common causes of pedestrian accidents involving motor vehicles include:
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents is distracted driving. Drivers who use their cell phones, engage in conversations, or engage in any other distractions while driving are more likely to miss pedestrians in their vicinity.
- Speeding: Excessive speed reduces a driver's reaction time and increases the severity of any resulting collision. Speeding vehicles are less likely to stop in time to avoid hitting a pedestrian who suddenly enters the roadway.
- Failure to Yield the Right of Way: Drivers often fail to yield to pedestrians at crosswalks or intersections, leading to accidents. Failure to stop for pedestrians in marked crosswalks is a common cause of these accidents.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol or drug impairment significantly impairs a driver's judgment and coordination, making them more likely to overlook pedestrians or engage in risky behaviors that lead to accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving behaviors, such as running red lights or stop signs, aggressive driving, or sudden lane changes, can put pedestrians at risk.
- Poor Visibility: Pedestrian accidents are more likely to occur in low light or adverse weather conditions when visibility is reduced. Drivers may not see pedestrians until it's too late to avoid a collision.
- Jaywalking: Pedestrians who jaywalk, or cross streets at locations other than designated crosswalks, can put themselves at risk. Drivers may not expect pedestrians in unexpected locations, increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Turning Vehicles: Left or right-turning vehicles can pose a significant threat to pedestrians in crosswalks. Pedestrians may be struck while crossing as drivers fail to yield during their turns.
- Backing Up: In parking lots or driveways, drivers may not see pedestrians behind their vehicles when backing up, leading to accidents. This is especially dangerous when children are involved.
- Inadequate Signage and Poor Road Design: Sometimes, accidents occur due to inadequate signage, poorly marked crosswalks, or road design that doesn't adequately consider pedestrian safety.
- Driver Fatigue: Fatigued drivers are less alert and may have slower reaction times, increasing the likelihood of accidents involving pedestrians.
- Failure to Stop for School Buses: Drivers who don't stop for school buses when children are boarding or disembarking are a significant danger to pedestrians.
- Failure to Signal: Drivers who don't use their turn signals can catch pedestrians by surprise and lead to collisions, especially when pedestrians are making decisions based on the driver's intended direction.
How We Can Help
Alvandi Law Group, P.C. is a renowned law firm located in Southern California, specializing in personal injury cases, with a particular focus on pedestrian accidents. Our mission is to help individuals who have been injured in pedestrian accidents navigate the legal complexities of their cases and obtain the compensation they deserve. Our team of skilled and compassionate attorneys is dedicated to providing you with personalized attention and expert guidance throughout the legal process.
When you choose Alvandi Law Group, P.C. to represent you in your pedestrian accident case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the Accident: Our team will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident to establish liability and gather the necessary evidence to support your case.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: We'll handle all communication with insurance companies on your behalf, ensuring that you are not taken advantage of by powerful insurance firms.
- Build a Strong Legal Strategy: Our experienced lawyers will develop a comprehensive legal strategy tailored to your specific case, maximizing your chances of a successful outcome.
- Litigate if Necessary: While we aim to resolve cases through negotiation, we are fully prepared to take your case to court if it is in your best interest. Our trial experience is extensive and impressive.
$4,400,000 Construction Site Accident
$1,500,000 Construction Site Accident
$850,000 Roofing Injury
$700,000 Chemical Exposure
$700,000 Office Work Injury
- Construction Site Accident $4,400,000
- Construction Site Accident $1,500,000
- Roofing Injury $850,000
- Chemical Exposure $700,000
- Office Work Injury $700,000
I've dealt with Veronica Estrada on several cases, and I must say her work is one of a kind. There is never an issue when certain things need to get taken care of on a case. Prompt responses are always given from this office. I don't think they know what lag even means. I highly recommend this office for anyone in need of representation and wants that personal touch. No one does it better.- Daniel
What can I say... Great firm! Beautiful office! Knowledgeable staff. Sheila kept me up to date with my case. I recently had a deposition and the office is amazing. From the receptionist to my attorney Meagan. It feels great to have a team by my side helping me from beginning to end.- Carlos
Gil and his team is as good as it gets. This review is long overdue. The team went above and beyond to get me a favorable result. In the end, we came out ahead and we put the case behind us. I would go as far as to say this is the best firm to choose in Orange County. Thanks again.- Robert G.
Everyone there was very helpful but Monica Torres went above and beyond she was patient and understanding with me. If you have a workers' comp claim, I strongly recommend Alvandi Law Group.- Raymond
How much time do I have to file a personal injury claim in California
In California, you have two years to file a personal injury claim in most circumstances. This two-year statute of limitations usually begins on the date of your injury or the date when your injury should have been reasonably identifiable. If two years pass and you have not filed a claim against the liable party, then you essentially cannot file anything in the future.
Do all personal injury cases go to trial?No, not all personal injury cases go to trial. In fact, the majority of eligible cases are settled before litigation is necessary. Insurance companies try to avoid litigation because it is expensive for them if they lose. We know as much and use that to the advantage of our clients by pressuring the defendant to settle for a fair amount.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?Hiring a personal injury attorney from Alvandi Law Group is affordable to everyone thanks to our contingency fees. When we are hired for a contingency fee, you do not owe us any attorney fees unless we end your case in your favor. The amount we are paid will be equal to a percentage of your settlement or award, too, so you never owe more than you can afford. It might also be possible to arrange it so that the defendant pays our fees, which leaves even more of your winnings for you to use.