Bakersfield Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Case Evaluations Are Free for Injured Workers
Make Alvandi Law Group your trusted team of Bakersfield workers' compensation attorneys. We are dedicated to helping injured workers navigate the complex world of workers' compensation claims. With years of experience and a deep understanding of California's workers' compensation laws, we are ready to handle the legal work for any client’s case. We believe that every worker deserves fair treatment and proper compensation for their injuries, and we're here to fight for the support you need during this challenging time.
Helping Injured Locals – It’s All We Do
At Alvandi Law Group, our sole focus is on representing the best interests of injured clients, such as workers who have suffered injuries on the job. Unlike some law firms that handle both plaintiff and defense cases, we do not represent employers or insurance companies in workers' compensation disputes. Our commitment lies entirely in advocating for injured workers and fighting for the justice and compensation they deserve.
Workers of Different Industries
Alvandi Law Group has extensive experience representing injured workers from all industries in the Bakersfield area. Our familiarity with major employers in the region allows us to effectively navigate the unique challenges that may arise in each specific industry. We understand the importance of a tailored approach to workers' compensation claims, too, because every sector has its own set of risks and hazards that can lead to workplace injuries.
We'll make sure your claim is filed quickly and accurately.
$4,400,000 Construction Site Accident
$850,000 Roofing Injury
$700,000 Chemical Exposure
$700,000 Office Work Injury
$600,000 Workers' Compensation
- Construction Site Accident $4,400,000
- Roofing Injury $850,000
- Chemical Exposure $700,000
- Office Work Injury $700,000
- Workers' Compensation $600,000
Different Types of Workplace Injuries
Workplace injuries can vary greatly in nature and severity. Our team works closely with medical experts to fully comprehend the extent of your injury and its potential impact on your future well-being. Such collaboration allows us to build a strong case that accurately reflects your needs, so the opposing insurance company sees that we’re serious about getting you full benefits or a fair settlement.
Some common types of workplace injuries involved in workers' compensation claims include:
- Fall injuries: These can occur from slips, trips, or falls from heights, resulting in fractures, sprains, or even traumatic brain injuries.
- Burn injuries: Workers can suffer burns from various sources, such as chemicals, hot surfaces, or electrical equipment, leading to painful and long-lasting injuries.
- Motor vehicle accident-related injuries: Employees who drive as part of their job duties may be involved in motor vehicle accidents, which can result in severe injuries, including spinal cord damage and whiplash.
- Repetitive stress injuries: Prolonged repetitive motions can cause injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis, which can significantly impact a worker's ability to perform their job.
- Occupational illnesses: Workers may develop illnesses due to exposure to hazardous substances, such as asbestos-related diseases, chemical poisoning, or respiratory disorders.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Workers' compensation benefits are designed to provide support and relief to injured workers, allowing them to recover and eventually return to work. By ensuring that employees receive the necessary care and assistance following a workplace injury, these benefits not only help workers but also benefit employers by promoting a safer and more productive work environment. Despite the two-sided benefits of workers’ compensation, some employers still resist any sort of workplace injury claim, which can make hiring a workers’ comp lawyer a necessity.
Some of the key workers' compensation benefits available through a claim include:
- Medical treatment coverage: This benefit covers all reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to the workplace injury, including doctor visits, diagnostic tests, surgeries, medications, and physical therapy. There should be no cap on this coverage.
- Disability pay: Workers may be eligible for temporary or permanent disability benefits depending on the severity and duration of their injury. Temporary disability benefits partially replace lost wages while a worker is recovering, whereas permanent disability benefits compensate for any lasting impairment that affects the worker's ability to earn a living.
- Vocational rehabilitation: If an injured worker is unable to return to their previous job due to their injury, they may be provided vocational rehabilitation services. These services can include job retraining, counseling, and job placement assistance to help the worker transition into a new line of work.
Do Independent Contractors Get Workers’ Comp?
In most cases, independent contractors are not eligible for workers' compensation coverage as they are not considered employees under California law. Workers' compensation benefits are typically reserved for employees who have an employer-employee relationship. However, misclassification of a worker's status by an employer might result in an independent contractor being entitled to workers' compensation benefits because they should have been classified as an employee all along. It is always advisable to consult with a knowledgeable Bakersfield workers' compensation attorney from Alvandi Law Group to determine your rights and eligibility based on your specific situation.
When Should You Tell Your Employer About an Injury?
In California, it is crucial to report a workplace injury to your employer as soon as possible, and no later than 30 days from the date of the injury or when you become aware that your injury or illness is work-related. Promptly notifying your employer allows them to initiate the workers' compensation claim process, so you can receive the necessary medical treatment right away. Failure to report your injury within 30 days may jeopardize your eligibility for workers' compensation benefits.
Protecting Your Rights After a Work Injury – Call Now
At Alvandi Law Group, our dedicated Bakersfield workers' compensation attorneys understand the challenges and hardships you may face following a workplace injury. We are committed to providing personalized, compassionate, and aggressive representation to confidently pursue the benefits or settlement you deserve. With our extensive experience and deep understanding of the workers' compensation system, we stand ready to guide you through every stage of the process.
Don't hesitate to reach out to us for a free consultation and let us be your trusted legal ally.
Alvandi Law Group took my workers' comp case when others did not want to give me the time of day, My work was giving me the runaround and did not want to send me to a doctor. The attorneys' office quickly sent me out to a doctor. I had many many questions and Sheila and Veronica have been very patient with me in answering them. They have helped me get benefits while I am out of work.- Junior
I recommend Alvandi Law Group. They have good attorneys and great customer service. I remember when I first called for a consult and spoke to Kayla, I truly was not ready to sign. I just had questions and was scared to get fired., but she explained the process to me and was always there to answer my questions. I've met Gil, as well, and he is a kind man. Stay kind and humble.- Andrew
Great customer service. Michelle was very fast and helped me so so much. Got things done and fast and was taken care of a lot sooner than I expected. Very professional!!!!! Thank you guys so much you guys rock!! I highly recommend them and would refer them to any who needs help.- Janatte
What can I say about Michelle Espino! She has been so helpful in answering my question and her warm personality gives me comfort. She really cares about her clients. Keep up the great job you are doing!!!- Trisha