CORONA WORKERS’ COMPENSATION LAWYERS
Handling Work Injury Cases, Claims & Lawsuits
When you suffer a workplace injury, navigating the complex workers' compensation system can be overwhelming and stressful. The skilled Corona workers' compensation lawyers at Alvandi Law Group are here to provide the guidance, support, and legal counsel you need to demand the benefits you rightfully deserve. Our team is dedicated to helping injured workers in Corona and the surrounding areas overcome the challenges that arise during the claim process, all the way to courtroom litigation if that becomes necessary.
Why Choose Alvandi Law Group?
The primary mission of Alvandi Law Group is to champion the cause of injured clients, particularly those who have endured workplace injuries. Some law firms take both plaintiff and defense cases, but we exclusively represent injured workers, never advocating for employers or insurance companies in workers' compensation conflicts. Our unwavering dedication to pursuing justice and compensation for injured clients has allowed us to gain a profound insight into the obstacles faced by injured workers, enabling us to offer tailored, committed legal representation geared toward securing positive outcomes.
We Help Workers in All Industries
Alvandi Law Group possesses the experience and knowledge to help injured workers from any workplace in Corona, California. We are familiar with employers big and small in the region, which enables us to address the distinct challenges that may emerge within each specific industry. A customized approach is crucial for workers' compensation claims, as every sector comes with its unique set of risks and hazards leading to workplace injuries.
We can help injured workers from all industries, such as:
- Agriculture and farming
- Public administration
We'll make sure your claim is filed quickly and accurately.
$4,400,000 Construction Site Accident
$850,000 Roofing Injury
$700,000 Chemical Exposure
$700,000 Office Work Injury
$600,000 Workers' Compensation
- Construction Site Accident $4,400,000
- Roofing Injury $850,000
- Chemical Exposure $700,000
- Office Work Injury $700,000
- Workers' Compensation $600,000
Serious Workplace Injuries & Illnesses
Our Corona workers’ compensation attorneys can handle a wide range of cases that involve all sorts of injuries and illnesses. In workers' compensation claims, the liability for a workplace injury is typically not an important factor because workers’ compensation insurance is a no-fault system. In other words, you can admit to causing your workplace injury through mistakes and still be fully eligible for benefits.
Common workplace injuries include:
- Repetitive stress injuries: These injuries occur due to repetitive motions or activities performed over an extended period, leading to conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome. For example, an office worker who uses a keyboard for 40 hours a week could be at risk of an arthritis-like repetitive stress injury.
- Fall-related injuries: Falls from heights or slips, trips, and falls on the same level can result in fractures, sprains, strains, head injuries, and other severe physical trauma.
- Occupational illnesses: Workers may develop illnesses as a direct result of their work environment, such as exposure to hazardous substances, leading to serious diseases like respiratory illness and cancer.
Benefits Through Workers’ Compensation
In California, a successful workers' compensation claim can provide various benefits to injured workers. We are here to help you understand the benefits that you could be given through a successful claim. Or if the case has already been denied, we can fight for a settlement that provides financial compensation that will allow you to get all the care you need to reach financial stability again after your work-related accident.
The typical benefits of a workers’ compensation claim include:
- Medical benefits: Workers' compensation covers all reasonable and necessary medical expenses related to the workplace injury or illness, including doctor visits, hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and future rehabilitation services.
- Temporary disability benefits: If an injured worker is unable to perform their regular job duties while recovering, they may be eligible for temporary disability benefits. These benefits typically pay two-thirds of the worker's average weekly wage, up to a maximum set by state law.
- Permanent disability benefits: If a workplace injury or illness results in permanent impairment that affects the worker's ability to earn a living, they may be entitled to permanent disability benefits. The amount and duration of these benefits depend on the extent of the worker's disability, as determined by a medical evaluation.
- Vocational rehabilitation: In cases where an injured worker cannot return to their previous job due to permanent disability, they may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services, such as job retraining or assistance in finding new employment.
- Death benefits: If a workplace injury or illness leads to the worker's death, their surviving dependents may be eligible for death benefits.
Cases for Independent Contractors
In California, independent contractors are typically not covered by workers' compensation insurance, as these policies are designed to protect employees rather than self-employed individuals. However, there are instances where a worker may have been incorrectly classified as an independent contractor when they should have been considered an employee, thus denying them the workers' compensation coverage and benefits they should be given.
Alvandi Law Group can review your employment status to determine if you have been misclassified as an independent contractor. If it is found that you were wrongly categorized as an independent contractor and should be considered an employee, we can discuss the next steps to take to not just correct the situation but also pursue the compensation you deserve.
When to Tell Your Employer About an Injury
In California, it is crucial to report a workplace injury to your employer as soon as possible. The state law requires that you notify your employer within 30 days of the injury or from the date you become aware of an injury or illness related to your job. Failing to report the injury within this timeframe may jeopardize your eligibility for workers' compensation benefits.
It is advisable to inform your employer in writing, providing details about the injury, including the date, time, location, and circumstances of the incident. Keep a copy of the written notice for your records and make another copy to hand to our attorneys. Once your employer is notified, they are responsible for providing you with a workers' compensation claim form within one working day of receiving the notice.
We’re Ready to Help – Call Our Firm Now
At Alvandi Law Group, our dedicated Corona workers' compensation attorneys are committed to providing trustworthy legal representation for injured workers in all industries. We understand the challenges you face after a workplace injury and are here to guide you through the complex workers' compensation process. If a claim is or has been denied, then we can talk about pursuing damages through a settlement. No matter what needs to be done, we want to be the team that fights for you.
These guys are amazing. Monica is my caseworker and she's prompt and always very responsive and intuitive.- Steve B.
I've dealt with Veronica Estrada on several cases, and I must say her work is one of a kind. There is never an issue when certain things need to get taken care of on a case. Prompt responses are always given from this office. I don't think they know what lag even means. I highly recommend this office for anyone in need of representation and wants that personal touch. No one does it better.- Daniel
This law group is the best. I have been dealing with Michelle Espino and she is a very attentive and sweet person. I was originally dealing with another law group for a year and never once seen a doctor. When I told her about my problem, she was quick to help me out and she even got me a doctors appt within a week. I highly recommend this law firm. They have relieved a great deal of stress I have been going through.- Anonymous
Gil and his team is as good as it gets. This review is long overdue. The team went above and beyond to get me a favorable result. In the end, we came out ahead and we put the case behind us. I would go as far as to say this is the best firm to choose in Orange County. Thanks again.- Robert G.