Frequently Asked Questions

Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Orange County

After suffering an injury on the job, the real trouble might begin once you start trying to pursue proper workers’ compensation benefits that accommodate you for your injuries and suffering. If you are preparing a workers’ comp case – or if you are in the midst of one already – you should pair up with the Orange County workers’ compensation lawyers at Alvandi Law Group, P.C. With more than 30 years of experience handling cases just like yours, you should be confident in our ability to represent your needs and uphold your best interests.

Contact us today and request your free consultation with our team.

  • How much money am I going to get?

    No attorney can ever be completely certain how much money you will get for your workers’ comp claim. It is entirely based on the disability rating established through medical records and doctor reports. The more significant your injuries, the more the disability rating climbs, and the more monies you could possibly be rewarded. What you can be certain of is our ability to work as hard as possibly can to maximize your case and settlement value.

  • When can I see a doctor?

    Depending on the extent of your injuries, you might see a doctor right away. Unless you have predesignated your own primary care physician before your accident, your employer will arrange for you to see a physician in their own medical provider network. If you were not taken to see a doctor, California State law allows you to see your own doctor in most circumstances. Be sure to check with your attorney before making large decisions, such as this, though.

  • What is TTD, TPD, PD, and PPD?

    Temporary total disability (TTD) is a benefit granted to an employee after seven disability days involving a disability that is predicted to be temporary yet totally debilitating. Temporary Partial disability (TPD) refers to any disability that modifies the ability to work or leaves one partially unable to work. Permanent disability (PD) is any an injury that cannot be fully recovered from, and partial permanent disability is such an injury that is anything less than a 100% disability. Click here to read more about TTD, TPD, PD, and PPD.

  • What is a deposition?

    Sometimes called a ‘depo,’ a deposition involves your employer or their insurance provider asking you questions about your case. Your attorney and a court stenographer will be present during any depositions. When you team up with our workers’ comp attorneys, we will send you our deposition preparation sheet ahead of time so you can discuss your case and prepare with your personal case manager. We encourage you to come to our offices - or the deposition location - about an hour before the deposition is to take place for any last minute questions and concerns. Click here to read more about depositions.

  • What is an AME?

    To get your disability rating for your workplace injury, you may have to go through different types of medical exams or see different types of medical examiners. In an ideal situation, you will go through an AME, which is an agreed medical examination. In such a scenario, you will be seeing a doctor that has been agreed upon by us and your case opposition. Click here to read more about AMEs.

  • My claim has been denied or otherwise delayed - what do I do now?

    A denied or delayed claim is not the end-all for workers’ compensation cases. You still may have a very real chance of receiving fair recovery, only now it will prove more difficult. If you have not retained the help of a workers’ comp attorney yet, now is the time to do so.

    [Click here for additional information regarding claims denials.]

  • My employer fired me or otherwise penalized me because of my injury. What are my options?

    California State law protects “whistleblowers” from reporting injuries they sustained while performing their duties as described. If your employer has retaliated against you for reporting an on-the-job accident, not only do you have a workers’ compensation case on your hands, you might also have an employment law case, too. Should this happen to you, contact our firm right away.

  • What is the application/packet I received?

    The application - also called a complaint - kicks off your case. Within 90 days, you should also receive a denial or acceptance letter from your employer or their representatives. You have nothing else to do in regards to this application; the wheels are already in motion and the path is set for your case.

  • When can I speak to my attorney?

    At Alvandi Law Group, our Orange County workers’ comp attorneys always try to make ourselves available at all times for our clients’ benefit. If you have any questions, we encourage you to call (800) 980-6905 and we will get right back to you. Remember: you have the right to speak to us regarding anything surrounding your case, and your employer cannot interfere.

  • What does settling my case mean?

    Settling a case is when you agree with the resolutions proposed by the opposition. Most settlements will involve a large lump sum of money or a smaller sum plus any coverage for any necessary medical treatments. Be assure that we won’t settle any case without first getting you involved - this is your case, after all. Once we are able to get a settlement offer that suits your needs, we will thoroughly discuss your options so you can decide your next move with confidence.

  • How long will my case take?

    Cases can take months and months to resolve, or sometimes just weeks. In general, depending on the injury and the healing process, cases may take about 12 to 18 months to resolve. If your case goes to trial, however, things may take longer. This is why we work as hard as we can to maximize your case value and try to settle cases outside of court - success means you get the most you can in the shortest timeframe possible.

  • I have been contacted by an adjuster. What do I do?

    Let us know as soon as you are contacted by an adjuster. In most cases, this is a ploy insurance companies use to try to get you to settle on your own, and for a low, low value. If you provide us with the adjuster’s name and phone number, we will handle them for you. Do not call them back. Don’t worry - we will take care of this unwelcome solicitation on your behalf.

Request Your Free Consultation

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.