What is TTD, TPD, PD & PPD?
Orange County Workers’ Compensation Attorney
After you suffer a workplace injury, you should be given an amount of workers’ compensation benefits to help you rest and recover without needing to worry about your job and your bills. Not all workers’ comp claims are the same, and so not all benefits packages or amounts are the same. The severity of your injury, and how long it is expected to affect you, can change your compensation by categorizing your claim into one of four different classes: TTD, TPD, PD & PPD.
If you have more questions or concerns regarding TTD, TPD, PD or PPD, please do not hesitate to contact Alvandi Law Group. Our Orange County workers’ compensation attorneys would be happy to explain your options to you during a free case analysis. Just call (800) 980-6905.
FOUR DISABILITY CATEGORIES
- TTD: An injury that completely prevents a worker from completing their regular job functions but also is not severe enough to stop an eventual recovery creates a temporary total disability (TTD) case. At least 8 or more work days must be missed for an injury to be considered to cause TTD. For example: If your job was to patrol a property on foot as a security officer but you broke an ankle in a fall accident, you could not make your patrols while recovering but you would, in theory, be able to return to work eventually.
- TPD: A disabling injury that prevents only some work to be completed but should eventually heal given the right treatments creates a temporary partial disability (TPD) case. For example: If you were a retail worker who stocked shelves but suffered a back injury, you could be asked to put away light items within comfortable reach but not heavy items or those that require stooping.
- PD: When an injury is so severe that it is never expected to fully heal and completely removes a person from the workforce, it is known as a permanent disability (PD). The most dramatic of disabilities, a PD will often reward the most compensation to the injured party, as any sort of work could be considered dangerous. For example: If you were a firefighter who became paralyzed after a collapsing roof struck you, you should be granted PD.
- PPD: Some wounds never heal entirely but also do not completely remove a person’s ability to work. This is a partial permanent disability (PPD). For example: If you worked for a local delivery company but broke a leg, making any amount of walking painful, you could be reassigned and retrained for seated office work at the same company.
Need to file a workers’ comp claim but you are not sure what to expect? Contact our Orange County workers’ comp lawyers today to get useful information during a free initial consultation.
$4,400,000 Construction Site Accident
$1,500,000 Construction Site Accident
$850,000 Roofing Injury
$700,000 Chemical Exposure
$700,000 Office Work Injury
- Construction Site Accident $4,400,000
- Construction Site Accident $1,500,000
- Roofing Injury $850,000
- Chemical Exposure $700,000
- Office Work Injury $700,000
Great customer service. Michelle was very fast and helped me so so much. Got things done and fast and was taken care of a lot sooner than I expected. Very professional!!!!! Thank you guys so much you guys rock!! I highly recommend them and would refer them to any who needs help.- Janatte
Alvandi Law Group took my workers' comp case when others did not want to give me the time of day, My work was giving me the runaround and did not want to send me to a doctor. The attorneys' office quickly sent me out to a doctor. I had many many questions and Sheila and Veronica have been very patient with me in answering them. They have helped me get benefits while I am out of work.- Junior
This law group is the best. I have been dealing with Michelle Espino and she is a very attentive and sweet person. I was originally dealing with another law group for a year and never once seen a doctor. When I told her about my problem, she was quick to help me out and she even got me a doctors appt within a week. I highly recommend this law firm. They have relieved a great deal of stress I have been going through.- Anonymous
I recently sought legal assistance from Alvandi Law Group. Jessica Placensia, Attorney, was extremely knowledgeable, helpful and professional which put me at ease. Great teamwork taboos! Highly recommend this law firm to anyone in need of legal experts.- Venesa A.