Los Angeles Premises Liability Lawyers
Alvandi Law Group, P.C. is Here to Help
Property owners have a responsibility to ensure the safety of their property and visitors. If a property owner fails to take sufficient safety measures and a visitor is injured, the property owner can be held liable for the resulting damages. These are known as "premises liability" claims.
At Alvandi Law Group, P.C., our experienced team of attorneys is dedicated to helping you secure the compensation you deserve when you've been injured due to dangerous conditions on someone else's property. We understand the complexities of premises liability law and are here to guide you through the process while fighting vigorously for your rights.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability is a legal concept that deals with the responsibility of property owners or occupiers to maintain a safe environment for individuals who enter their premises. When someone is injured or harmed while on another person's property due to the property owner's negligence or failure to maintain a safe environment, they may have grounds for a premises liability lawsuit. This area of law is crucial in protecting the rights of visitors, customers, or tenants, as it holds property owners accountable for the safety of their premises.
Common types of premises liability cases include:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These are among the most common premises liability cases. They occur when someone slips, trips, or falls on a property due to hazards such as wet floors, uneven surfaces, loose carpeting, or icy walkways.
- Trip and Fall Accidents: Similar to slip and fall cases, trip and fall accidents involve individuals tripping over objects or hazards on the property, such as protruding cords, debris, or poorly maintained walkways.
- Inadequate Maintenance: Property owners have a duty to maintain their premises, including repairing defects, keeping the property in good condition, and addressing issues like broken stairs, faulty handrails, or damaged flooring.
- Negligent Security: Property owners may be liable if they fail to provide adequate security measures, leading to criminal acts or assaults on their premises. This often applies to apartment complexes, parking lots, or commercial properties.
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks: When a property owner has a dog or another animal that attacks a visitor, they may be held liable for the injuries caused by the animal if they knew or should have known about its dangerous propensities.
- Swimming Pool Accidents: Property owners with swimming pools must take appropriate safety measures, including installing fencing and providing warnings to prevent accidents like drownings or slip and fall incidents around the pool area.
- Elevator and Escalator Accidents: If elevators or escalators on a property are poorly maintained and result in injuries to visitors, the property owner or manager can be held responsible.
- Toxic Substances and Hazardous Materials: Exposure to toxic substances like lead paint, asbestos, or mold due to the property owner's negligence can lead to premises liability claims.
- Falling Objects: If objects or debris fall from a building or structure on the property and injure someone, the property owner may be liable if they failed to maintain the premises adequately.
- Retail Store Accidents: Customers injured in stores due to hazards like wet floors, cluttered aisles, or falling merchandise may file premises liability claims against the store owner.
To successfully pursue a premises liability case, the injured party typically needs to establish that the property owner was negligent, and their negligence directly caused the injury. Proving negligence often involves demonstrating that the property owner knew about or should have known about the hazardous condition and failed to address it or provide adequate warnings.
$4,400,000 Construction Site Accident
$1,500,000 Construction Site Accident
$850,000 Roofing Injury
$700,000 Chemical Exposure
$700,000 Office Work Injury
- Construction Site Accident $4,400,000
- Construction Site Accident $1,500,000
- Roofing Injury $850,000
- Chemical Exposure $700,000
- Office Work Injury $700,000
I recommend Alvandi Law Group. They have good attorneys and great customer service. I remember when I first called for a consult and spoke to Kayla, I truly was not ready to sign. I just had questions and was scared to get fired., but she explained the process to me and was always there to answer my questions. I've met Gil, as well, and he is a kind man. Stay kind and humble.- Andrew
What can I say... Great firm! Beautiful office! Knowledgeable staff. Sheila kept me up to date with my case. I recently had a deposition and the office is amazing. From the receptionist to my attorney Meagan. It feels great to have a team by my side helping me from beginning to end.- Carlos
I'm a start by saying my Attorney Sidney Sadeghi is amazing! She kicked ass at my depo and settled my case. She did everything I asked, listened and more. Gil also is great, these people care for their clients! I will definitely recommend Sidney Sadeghi to everyone she one amazing applicant attorney!- Maria M.
The Alvandi Law Group has been great so far. They have been very patient and informative with all of my questions and concerns. This is the first time that I have been injured at work so this whole process is very new to me. They got me out to a doctor quickly and the staff seems very friendly. The office itself is very nice and there is a large fish tank in the waiting area.- Junior