Filing for Workers' Compensation in CA?
Workers' compensation in California provides benefits for employees who have suffered a work-related injury. These benefits are extended to all employees and start immediately the moment they begin their jobs. To learn more about filing a claim and what you need, feel free to contact our Orange County workers' compensation attorneys at Alvandi Law Group, P.C. for guidance. We can represent you throughout the process and make sure that your claim is filed accurately and in a timely manner.
What is the Process of Workers Compensation Claim?
When it comes to workers' compensation claims, it must be filled out the right way and include adequate documentation, medical records, and other important documents. You will need to make sure that your documents are thorough, your paperwork is filed correctly, and that you follow the directions. Any minor errors could result in a denied claim.
When filing for workers' compensation in California, you will need to:
- Fill out Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) Form 1 and submit it to your employer. This form includes basic information about you and your injuries.
- Fill out an Application for Adjudication of Claim with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. This form must be filed within one year of your accident.
- Fill out a Declaration Pursuant to Labor Code along with the Application for Adjudication of Claim. This form verifies that you did not submit any fraudulent data.
- Include a cover sheet that can be found on the DWC website, with submitted forms.
- You also need to include a document separator sheet, which is also available the DWC website, to place after each form.
After submitting your documents, the insurance company will respond with their decision. If they deny your claim, then you can pursue an appeal with the help of our experienced Orange County workers' compensation attorney team.
Our lawyers can help guide you throughout the process. Contact us today by filling out our online form or by calling (800) 980-6905.
Before I found Alvandi Law Group, my previous attorney did absolutely nothing for me. Since I have made the switch from my previous attorney to Alvandi Law Group, I have noticed the difference.- Esperanza
If you have a workers' comp claim, I strongly recommend Alvandi Law Group.- Raymond
I have to say I am impressed with this Law Firm. I would refer anybody out there in Los Angeles to go to Alvandi Law Firm they really went above and beyond for us and that's what they do.- Selina