Filing A Workers' Comp Claim in California
When Are Your Covered by Workers' Compensation?
Were you injured while on the job? For many individuals, suffering an injury can be a huge inconvenience. Not only will you be facing costly medical bills, but you may also need to miss work. For many families, this could be a major setback that could place their futures in jeopardy.
Workers' compensation in California provides benefits for employees who have suffered a work-related injury. These benefits are extended to all employees and start immediately the moment they begin their jobs.
Contact an Attorney and Get Experienced Legal Advice
With Alvandi Law Group, P.C., you don't have to worry about medical fees or legal fees. If we won't win, you don't pay us. Even when we win, you only pay us after we help you secure the benefits. Feel free to contact us about your injuries and what you should do next.
Our firm is 100% dedicated to workers' compensation law. We are not distracted by other areas of law and it also means that we are able to develop an in-depth understanding of workers' compensation claims and its procedures. We know the law and we are familiar with how claims are typically handled and processed by insurance companies.
Our team also knows how to maximize your benefits so you are able to access high-quality medical care. If your claim is denied, we are also knowledgeable about the appeals process and what it takes to effectively navigate appeals hearings.
Steps to Take After Sustaining a Work-Related Injury
If you have been injured while working, you should:
- Notify your supervisor or manager of the injuries.
- Get medical treatment for your injuries, no matter how minor they may seem at first.
- Collect the contact information of individuals who may have witnessed the accident.
- Take pictures and notes of the accident, including the location and your injuries.
- Call a lawyer to file a workers' compensation claim for you.
What is the Process of Workers Compensation Claim?
When it comes to workers' compensation claims, it must be filled out the right way and include adequate documentation, medical records, and other important documents. You will need to make sure that your documents are thorough, your paperwork is filed correctly, and that you follow the directions. Any minor errors could result in a denied claim.
When filing for workers' compensation in California, you will need to:
- Fill out Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) Form 1 and submit it to your employer. This form includes basic information about you and your injuries.
- Fill out an Application for Adjudication of Claim with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. This form must be filed within one year of your accident.
- Fill out a Declaration Pursuant to Labor Code along with the Application for Adjudication of Claim. This form verifies that you did not submit any fraudulent data.
- Include a cover sheet that can be found on the DWC website, with submitted forms.
- You also need to include a document separator sheet, which is also available the DWC website, to place after each form.
After submitting your documents, the insurance company will respond with their decision. If they deny your claim, then you can pursue an appeal with the help of our experienced Orange County workers' compensation attorney team.
Contact Our Orange County Law Firm Today!
To learn more about filing a claim and what you need, feel free to contact our Orange County workers' compensation attorneys at Alvandi Law Group, P.C. for guidance. We can represent you throughout the process and make sure that your claim is filed accurately and in a timely manner.
Before I found Alvandi Law Group, my previous attorney did absolutely nothing for me. Since I have made the switch from my previous attorney to Alvandi Law Group, I have noticed the difference.- Esperanza
If you have a workers' comp claim, I strongly recommend Alvandi Law Group.- Raymond
I have to say I am impressed with this Law Firm. I would refer anybody out there in Los Angeles to go to Alvandi Law Firm they really went above and beyond for us and that's what they do.- Selina